Author Topic: Best spot to put your heater?  (Read 7010 times)

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
Best spot to put your heater?
« on: Oct 04, 2013, 08:49 AM »
Jut upgrade form the flower heater to a this http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/31/chs-10-infrared-heater/ got it for $69.99

What are some ICE-HEADZ thoughts on placement in the one man flip over. in front? behind? where in the sled under the seat on one side over the other. or at the farthest back
should i add this ?[/urlhttp://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Camping/LanternsHeaters/PRDOVR~0762759P/Broadstone+Tent+Fan+with+LED+Light.jsp?locale=en[/url]
best long underwear on the planet

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best spot to put your heater?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2013, 07:32 PM »
In my portable I put the buddy heater in the front corner opposite of the door and the tank outside, the fan will help with condensation but its not a "must have" for me but led lights are

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2013, 08:56 PM »
One option is to place your heater (Buddy Jr in this case) in the front corner of your flip. I like to have my Vex FL-20 up a bit  higher so I can see my rod tip while viewing the Vex, so I generally seat it on a bucket if I'm going to be inside my flip for any length of time. It was a bit windy on this particular day and I can't imagine having the heater behind me in the sled, it gets too warm for me there! With it out front and to the side, burning or melting my line is unlikely. And I have a habit of dropping things while retying or reaching for something. So right in front of me isn't an option either lol.  :tipup:

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Trout are so doggone active coming out of the hole that anything near the hole is drenched!
Heater ends up behind me in a corner.

Looking at the Frabill fanlight combo this year - friend had it and I liked the way it evened out the temp in the hub
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Thank you everyone.

Yes i forgot about how jumpy some fish can be.

When in the back of the sled. do you do the Dave genz trick and L-bracket it in?

So in back of the sled is where it will be and a LED Fan

Should it be on teh side or at the very back facing the front or is that to close to the tent fabric? should i rig some metal to save the tent
best long underwear on the planet

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2013, 10:21 PM »
I set mine off to my right side behind me an my rover. All i ever run mine on is low and i have a croxton ice combo bag that lays to my left direct opposite of the heater. It has never even come close to melting the rod bag but i do pay attention to how my tent folds when i flip up and move.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:59 PM »
I built my version of the Mr. Heater Fan.

(Image removed from quote.)

I built this mount with a PC fan for my heater last year. Didn't get a chance to really use it though. I only got out 4 times last year because it was a warm winter. I am hoping to use it this winter.
jbird68

Offline IceCrafty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Awesome Idea. I got 4 of those fans in my garage. I was going to put the directly in my Frabill Predator but I like your Idea.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Justcuz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2013, 10:33 PM »
How do you power your fan.
Ontario Iceshanty.com

Offline crappie-attitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Lizard Lake Fishing Team
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Watched the You Tube video and couple others but didn't see what I would like to know.   For those of you that use a Big Buddy heater in a bigger shack and put it behind you.   Do you just sit the heater in the sled?   I just have a vision of the heater melting the sled or the back of my seat.   I like the idea of freeing of space in front but just not sure how it works with the heater in the sled.   

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2013, 11:34 PM »
How do you power your fan.

I have put 3 rocker switches in a plano ammo box to turn lights and a fan on and off. One thing I want to do is to add either a 1/4" or 1/8" audio jacks that are wired to each switch. Then I could just unplug a wire for each light or fan and wrap it up in the sled. But I don't know if I should use 1/8" or 1/4" jacks. I feel the 1/8" jacks are too small. I can find the 1/4" input jacks on ebay pretty easily, but they are longer and might hit the battery on the underside of the lid on my ammo box.

What do you guys think?

jbird68

Offline IceCrafty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Nice I like!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com